You must fill out the contract provided below and send in the signed forms for the adoption process to be complete. Click below to download your contract. You can send the signed forms to email@example.com
Please read the following rules and regulations of adopting an animal from Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery. I agree to abide by this agreement and all county ordinances pertaining the care of my adopted pet. This contract is based on the terms and conditions that follow. If at any time, the adopter faults to comply with this agreement we will have the right to seize the adopted animal immediately. If the adopter decides to relinquish custody at any time during the life of the adopted animal Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery will be notified immediately and the animal will be returned to the rescue.
Terms of Adoption are as follows:
1. Transfer of Ownership : This animal may not be transferred to any other person/organization for any reason unless approved by Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery. Adopter agrees that If for any reason they can no longer care for this animal that they will contact Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery first and either surrender their pet back to us or let us find it or approve a new home. I understand that it is a 1000$ fine if I surrender my dog to a shelter, euthanize it, or re home it. Dog must be returned to Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery with notice! If you have found another home for it Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery must approve the new home and receive an adoption application from them.
2. Loss: If adopted animal is lost or stolen, the adopter is required to notify us immediately.
3. Health: Adopter agrees to humanely care for adopted animal, including but not limited to, adequate food, clean water, shelter and annual veterinary care as animal requires and as both state and law mandate. Adopted animals are to be a part of the adopting family for their lifetime, not to live outdoors and under no circumstances will the dogs’ appearance be altered for cometic purposes. Adopter agrees to have adopted animal vaccinated against the rabies virus within the time given or time due and as required by state law and county ordinance to keep the pet up to date on all its shots. Adopter agrees that the dog will be kept on heartworm prevention and receive annual Health check and rabies vaccinations. I understand that by adopting this animal I am taking full responsibility for this animal and I am bound by the mandatory spay/neuter date. I understand that failure to to spay/neuter an adopted animal may result in citation or a warrant.
( Only our dogs under 6 months of age can go to their adoptive parents home as a foster to adopt situation. )
I understand that I must return a copy of this contract signed by my veterinarian by the given date with a copy of proof of spay/neuter. If I do not provide proof that my adopted animal has been spayed or neutered I will be cited and have to appear in court for this ordinance violation.
4. Care: Dogs are not allowed to be tethered or chained as a means of confinement. Dogs are to be exercised in a fenced area or on a leash daily. Dogs are not allowed to live outside only, fenced yard or otherwise. Dogs are not free to roam at any time. Dogs are not to be left in a crate for longer than 8 hours a day. I agree that my adopted animal with not be left on a chain, cable or runner unattended for any length of time, due to the risk of the animal’s well being. I agree that I will provide shelter for my adopted animal at all times. I understand that adequate shelter must protect my animal from all types of weather. I agree to supply my adopted animal with adequate food, water and veterinary care at all times.
5. Updates : Adopter agrees to provide updates via texting or social media
6. Home visits: Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery reserves the right to perform scheduled or non- scheduled post adoption home visits to ensure the animal is happy, fitting into the adoptive home and living under the terms of the adoption contact, if animal is found living outside or in poor condition the animal will be seized immediately.
7. Proper introduction: I agree and understand that if I have any other pets in my household to adhere to and follow the strict explanation of the “ proper interaction” procedure and acclimation of new pets to prevent any tragedy that may result if not followed, to insure the safety of your household pets and or person or persons in your household and our dog you are adopting while in your care, as we are not responsible for any damages or harm to your pets, yourself, and or person or persons in your household. We cannot stress enough the importance of following our “ Proper Introduction “ procedure, for the safety of your family, friends pets and ours.
8. Transport: I agree if I am transporting this pet anywhere away from home, I will have a proper leash/ hardness and collar on the pet with a rabies tag or copy of current rabies certificate and identification. I also agree to never under any circumstances transport this pet outside of the interior vehicle, such as a bed of a pick up truck, or trailer because of how dangerous it is.
9: Reservation of Rights: Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery reveres the right to follow up on adopted animal during its lifetime. It is understood if the adopter misrepresents, falsifies information to obtain an animal, and doesn't follow all of these adoption requirements that Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery reserves the right to terminate this adoption contract, and immediately confiscate the adopted animal without warning.
10. Termination of adoption : If you return your adopted dog after your week trial is up the adoption fee is not refunded. If you return your adopted dog within the week trial then half of your adoption fee is refunded. If there is not enough notice when returning your dog then that will result in a fine to help pay for boarding. There are exceptions to this and may vary.
A copy of your local ordinance is available upon request. I understand that I must abide to all county ordinances, not only those listed above. I understand that by signing this document I am acknowledging that I have read and understand all of the above requirements and information and that I/We comply with all the terms.
After you have submitted our application back to us and it has been accepted, we will call and schedule either a home visit or a meet and greet. Once the home visit is approved we will work with you to help choose the perfect dog for your family, or schedule a time to meet the one you are wanting. If you decide its not a good fit we can try and match you to another who would possibly be a better fit for you and your family. We offer a 7 day trial run with your dog so we can ensure that it is the best fit for your home and family. If you choose to return the dog and cancel your contract, half of the adoption fee will be returned and half will be kept as a donation where we can provide a tax receipt.
Try to be patient with us. We understand that the adoption process may take time, but we are unpaid and run completely by volunteers. We do this process to assure that everyone ends up in the best situation possible.